Posted on November 18, 2015
Are you an innovative, driven individual who is motivated to learn and grow within a dynamic family owned Physical Therapy practice? If you answered yes, WE WANT YOU!
Job Summary: As the point of first contact, either in person or by phone, it is your responsibility to take care of the patient and get them ready for treatment. You are the air traffic controller who keeps the flow of services moving fluidly, supporting time management, communication and efficiency for the client, front office staff and providers where needed. Your demeanor is the most important impression a patient observes, as it is a lasting one. You are also responsible for building/engaging relationships with current clients, business associates, coworkers, and the community at large. Therapy Tech personnel must be confident, excellent communicators, organized, and able to switch quickly between multiple tasks. You are to exemplify Advantage’s core company values and strive to fulfill our mission and vision.
Job duties: The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by therapy techs. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greet everyone with a smile whether you are talking to them on the phone or they are walking through the door.
- Engage and/or assists patients/clients as they enter and leave the office.
- Guide patients to and from treatment areas, using wheelchairs or providing standing support.
- Notify the treating Provider of the patients’ arrival, any patient complaints or response from prior treatment session or previous activities, and confer with the Provider about any changes/modifications they would like to make for the current treatment session.
- Actively engage in patient care and participate in your environment at all times.
- Take pride in your work environment by keeping it clean and organized. ie disinfect equipment after use, and arrange treatment supplies.
- Promote safety and progression of patient needs under the direct supervision of the Provider.
- Observe patients during treatment to compile data on patients’ responses and progress, and report to the Provider.
- Accurately record treatment time/exercises including sets and repetitions performed.
- Maintain equipment and furniture to keep it in good working condition, including performing the assembly and disassembly of equipment and accessories.
- Complete laundry cycle for linens and pillow cases.
- Secure patients into or onto therapy equipment under direct supervision of the Provider.
- Maintain cleaning logs and regularly clean all equipment, such as, the hydrocollators per company maintenance schedule.
- Perform clerical duties, such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, and filling out forms.
- Assist in Front Desk job duties. ie: answering phones, taking messages, scheduling appointments.
- Perform related work as assigned according to company policy.
- Participates in Advantage marketing, supporting promotions, and creating market awareness for our current/future; patients, clients, referral sources, business associates, and our community.
- Follows all Therapy Tech policies and procedures. Takes the initiative to ASK QUESTIONS with follow up/follow through until it is resolved.
- Will comply with all State and Federal laws and company policies as they pertain to: HIPAA, HIPAA hi-TECH.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: Liz Lackner (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Darren Kemp (email@example.com)